Sunday, September 12, 2010

Bleeding Heart

I go to an amazing church down here. I see how God was comforting me through my awkward transition into this phase of life and He did so by pointing me to Hope Church. This church focuses on discipleship, building friendship and community with others. My life has rarely felt open to those around me and Hope is one of the few places where such a thing happens. I'm being held accountable. The going-ons in my life are always followed up on by a sweet friend in the body who has been praying and investing in my life. My gifts are encouraged by others and have incredible opportunity to be exercised and even shared with those with similar gifts. Wow! What a wonderful thing! There are just so many opportunities to grow. Many ways to foster relationships. Everything we do points us to creating and growing relationships with each other.
Growth groups are starting this week and I'm SO excited to have the opportunity to create some new relationships with others. Especially with this particular age group. I can't wait to see what God does with this. Maybe there'll be an opportunity to share Christ with someone. The events we'll be having this semester are going to be in settings where non-Christians would be comfortable to attend and, maybe have an open conversation about God.
This is a very exciting time for Hope in regards to ministry relationships. We are all striving to keep healthy relationships with each other and build new ones. As part of the covenant, any hurt relationships are encouraged to go way of healing... to be fixed. Otherwise, how can other relationships start or go on? I like how the Hope body handles relationships. I prefer it. I'm excited about passing it on to others. Here I feel the value of relationships strongly. I'm fortunate to be a member of a body that takes ministry relationships seriously. I can't seem to hide from relationships in this body. The love is just too addicting.

No comments:

Post a Comment