It's so difficult maintaining relationships when you have school, work and internship to manage. Sometimes I have to fight myself, let go of one night of homework to spend time with friends. Have to admit, sometimes I get a little anxious while I'm with friends when there's so much to be done in the academic world. But there's been so many positive things that have resulted in time spent with my brothers and sisters in Christ. I've been encouraged, refreshed, held accountable, and blessed with some joy through these times. I'm so grateful for these relationships. Not sure where I'd be without them. They are truly a gift from the Lord.
Meanwhile, Growth Groups are going really well. One of my niches is observing people and I've noticed how close our group is growing with each other. I wouldn't say that everyone is best of friends but they seem to have a fun time overall... a good place to start for long lasting friendships. Our first hang out time was a success. It's been so neat to watch everyone become acquainted, share stories, prayer requests and find joy in each other's company. It's been even cooler being part of building the group and covering it with prayer. I'm having a good time. The Lord is at work and it's so awesome to watch and participate in :)
No comments:
Post a Comment